Make it a fun outing and pick a route which has a purpose
— to school, work, shopping, transit, recreation,
your favourite hangout. Carry a camera and record things
which speed or impede your progress.
Make notes along the way.
Afterwards, summarise your findings and prioritise the improvements
you would recommend.
- was the route convenient to my destination ?
- was the route wide enough
- do busy and fast streets have bike lanes or paved shoulders
- Would you recommend adding those at any spots along the way?
- Is the roadway surface in good repair and cleared of debris, snow, sand?
- Is secure bicycle parking available at my destination?
- Is there a place to clean up and change clothes at work or school?
- Did I enjoy my bicycling experience? Why or why not?
- Would I repeat this bicycle trip again? Why or why not?
on a scale of 1 - 10 where 10 is best
What does your neighbourhood score?
Share your pictures and feedback and be a part of
shaping Edmonton to your bikeability needs.